Beer Mac n Cheese with Party Tricks IPA
We can guarantee you’ve never had a mac n’ cheese quite like this before. This decadent, cheesy mac with hints of IPA is the ultimate recipe, no matter the occasion.
– 16 oz. elbow macaroni pasta, cooked according to box instructions
– 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
– 5 pieces of bacon, diced
– 1/2 white onion, diced
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 2 cups of whole milk
– 1 cup of AleSmith’s Party Tricks IPA
– 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
– 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
– 1 1/2 cups smoked gouda, grated
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– Sliced green onions for garnish
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions and set to the side.
2. Add the diced bacon to a large pot with one tablespoon of butter and cook for five minutes over medium-high heat until the bacon is slightly crispy. Then, carefully remove from the pot and place on a paper towel lined plate to cool.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the rest of the butter with the diced onion. Sauté for seven minutes until translucent before sprinkling in the flour and stirring to coat the onions.
4. Whisk in half of the milk until thick, then add the rest- whisking again to thicken.
5. Next, pour the IPA into the pot and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, stirring consistently.
6. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer on low heat.
7. Combine the three cheeses in a bowl and add to the pot, half or one third at a time. Use a
spatula to fold in the cheese, then whisk to combine.
8. Add the Dijon mustard and stir to incorporate. Combine all of the spices in a small bowland sprinkle into the mixture before stirring.
9. Remove from heat and add the pasta, folding in to evenly coat amongst the cheese.
10. Once the pasta is combined, add the bacon back to the pot.
11. Serve with green onions and AleSmith’s Party Tricks IPA.
– 3/4 cup sour cream
– 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 2 teaspoons lime zest
– 1 garlic clove, finely minced
– Pinch of salt and pepper