Looking for the perfect recipe for Taco Tuesday or Cinco de Mayo? These Beer Battered ShrimpTacos are flavorful, crispy and pair perfectly with our AleSmith Clásico!
Ingredients for the Chipotle Lime Crema
– 3/4 cup sour cream
– 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, diced
– 1 tablespoon lime juice
– 2 teaspoons lime zest
– 1 garlic clove, finely minced
– Pinch of salt and pepper
Ingredients for the Slaw
– 1 1/2 cups finely shredded purple cabbage
– 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
– 2 tablespoons lime juice
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for the Tacos
– 1 pound (roughly 16-20 pieces) shrimp, peeled/ deveined/ tails removed
– 2 teaspoons lime zest
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon pepper
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 12 oz. AleSmith Clásico Beer
– 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
Ingredients for Serving
– Toasted corn tortillas
– Lime wedges
– Sliced avocado, optional
Instructions for the Chipotle Lime Cream
1. Add the sour cream to a small bowl with the minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, lime juice, lime zest, minced garlic, and the seasonings.
2. Mix to combine, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
Instructions for the Slaw
1. Finely shred the purple cabbage, then add to a bowl with the minced cilantro.
2. Drizzle the olive oil and lime juice over the slaw, then add a dash of salt.
3. Toss to combine, then refrigerate.
Instructions for the Shrimp
1. Remove the shell and tails from the shrimp, then wash and pat dry with paper towels.
Place in a bowl and season with the lime zest, salt, and pepper.
2. Combine the flour, cornstarch, garlic powder, chili powder and pepper in a large bowl.
Mix before slowly whisking in the beer.
3. Carefully dip the shrimp in the beer batter, fully coating both sides. Repeat with each
4. Add the vegetable oil to a heavy bottom pan or Dutch oven and heat to 350 degrees
Fahrenheit. Use a spoon to drop one shrimp into the hot oil at a time, cooking the shrimp
in batches of 6-8 pieces at a time.
5. Fry the shrimp for 4 minutes until golden brown. Carefully remove and place on a paper
towel lined baking sheet to cool. Repeat until all the shrimp have been cooked.
Instructions to Make the Perfect Taco
1. Toast the corn tortillas until they are slightly charred with a crunch.
2. Spread a layer of the chipotle crema on the bottom of the tortilla, then place 2-3 beer
battered shrimp on top.
3. Add a spoonful of the slaw over the shrimp, then finish with the chipotle crema.
4. Serve with an AleSmith Clásico beer and enjoy!