AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
The Packaging Specialist II (Lead) is responsible for overseeing all packaging operations and team members during the third shift, including operating equipment, scheduling breaks, training team members, and ensuring production goals are met. Also responsible for keeping packaging areas and equipment clean and sanitized and assisting with packaging equipment and maintenance while following safety procedures and Company SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Leads packaging operations on scheduled shift to ensure production goals are met, team members are operating efficiently, and equipment is being operated in accordance with SOPs. Responsible for packaged product quality, operational efficiency, equipment performance, and volume output.
- Oversees and works with team members to start up, operate, change over, CIP, and shut down all packaging equipment as the lead operator.
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs all drives, motors, pneumatically actuated parts, and all mechanically controlled packaging equipment to ensure maximum operational capacity. Also responsible for organizing and requesting spare parts.
- Assist the Packaging Manager with the scheduling of all Packaging team members and operations.
- Oversees the training and technical evaluation of all Packaging team members.
- Inspects raw materials prior to packaging and communicates any issues to Production Coordinator.
- Responsible for reviewing and assisting in the writing and updating SOPs.
- Ensures daily production records are filled out completely and accurately.
- Provide feedback in employee one-on-one meetings, counselling sessions, and periodic performance reviews.
- Uphold all safety standards and ensure that all production employees are compliant.
- Participate in continuing education related to brewery and packaging operations, and safety and regulatory requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- The ability to delegate tasks and duties to the appropriate team members.
- Ability to facilitate and troubleshoot minor technical problems and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Proficiency in communication, including verbal and written skills
- Ability to work with hazardous cleaning chemicals
- Ability to routinely lift, push and pull 55 lbs
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 10 hours a day
- Be motivated, hard-working, safety-minded, and innovative with a commitment to representing and enjoying the culture and success of AleSmith
- Be an exceptional team player with the ability to work independently as well
- Ability to stay organized and follow checklists, departmental guidelines, and SOP’s
- Knowledge of inventory management systems
- The ability to consistently move at a fast pace
A minimum of two years related experience working in leadership role. Strong mechanical, electrical, and maintenance skills required. Experience working in a manufacturing environment with packaging equipment required with a high school diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com