AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
Under the guidance of the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Specialist will be responsible for supporting Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable activities to include weekly, monthly and annual accounting tasks.
Duties and responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Processes invoices in Orchestrated Software for all customers and vendors.
- Manages workload to maintain a high rate of timely vendor payments. Resolves open items in a timely manner.
- Performs specific Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable accounting activities through the input of accounting transactions and the monitoring, coordinating, and summarizing of accounting results.
- Determines propriety of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable accounting entries associated with projects and accounts in accordance with financial policies, practices, and procedures.
- Performs month end and year end close processes including calculating and preparing monthly Accounts Payable accruals and metrics.
- Monitors the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable aging and other reports.
- Maintains an awareness of the financial activities within the assigned areas of responsibility to ensure smooth operations and compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Applies general knowledge of accounting/financial policies and procedures when responding to written and verbal inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Performs moderately complex general accounting support tasks in an Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable environment.
- Participates in the research and analysis of open balances.
- Summarizes accounting data from detailed accounting records. Categorizes and calculates additional accounting information for reporting and audit purposes.
- Audits for allowable and unallowable costs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to complete assignments both accurately and efficiently
- Ability to take the initiative, work with minimal supervision, is flexible and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and good working relationships with customers, vendors and staff
- Team player with the ability to effectively interact and work cross-functionally with all departments to meet business goals and objectives
- Strong analytical, decision-making, planning and problem-solving skills
- Customer-service oriented with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Be motivated, hard-working, safety-minded and innovative with a commitment to representing and enjoying the culture and success of AleSmith
- Experience with Orchestrated or SAP software a plus
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years direct experience with AR and AP
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.