AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
The Tasting Room Associate will be responsible for exceeding our guests’ expectations by creating an exceptional Tasting Room experience by providing 5-star service, all while promoting an understanding and appreciation of the art, history and culture of craft beer.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Welcome guests to the Tasting Room in a warm and positive manner
- Engage guests to create a 5-star experience by imparting knowledge about AleSmith, our quality beer selection, specialty beers on tap, local events and promotions
- Relay information about beer styles and help guide guests through the sensory experience
- Pour and serve beer properly
- Adhere to safety, sanitation and responsible alcohol service policies and procedures
- Handle cash and operate the POS system
- Assist with curbside pickup
- Change kegs
- Perform opening and/or closing duties for the Tasting Room, Beer Garden, Anvil & Stave Room, Dugout Room, Retail Area and private event spaces
- Maintains cleanliness of bathrooms before, during and after shifts, ensuring all supplies are fully stocked
- Remove garbage and recycling when full
- Answer guests’ questions or seeks out management to resolve customer issues/complaints
- Monitor the actions of guests on a continuous basis to ensure safety; reports any potential issues to management
- Adheres to safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Follows all safety procedures and SOP’s and wear safety, personal protective equipment (PPE) when required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be a beer enthusiast, passionate about craft beer
- Have a positive attitude and outgoing personality with excellent communication skills
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities with a focus on providing an exceptional guest experience
- Guest service oriented with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Be motivated, hard-working, safety-minded and innovative with a commitment to representing and enjoying in the culture and success of AleSmith
- Strong desire to grow professionally with the company
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to routinely lift and move up to 75 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, push and pull
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays
A minimum of 1-year experience working in a brewery, hospitality or food and beverage role.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.