To provide leadership and management in the Packaging Department and oversee scheduled packaging operations, to include packaging of all Company products in accordance with Company SOPs, meeting target packaging quality metrics, executing preventive maintenance on all packaging equipment, and developing, leading, and scheduling the packaging team.
This position is responsible for analyzing existing procedures and streamlining activities to meet sales and operation’s needs. This position also identifies process improvement opportunities; implements alternate methods to increase efficiencies; provides the highest level of product and process quality assurance; reduces costs and improves overall efficiency.
Duties and responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the packaging of all products in accordance with Company SOPs, quality metrics, efficiency standards, and Best Manufacturing Practices
- Ensures all packaging operations, equipment, SOPs, and practices are compliant with industry Best Manufacturing Practices, OSHA safety requirements, FSMA requirements, and other governmental and industry standards
- Engages in constant communication with operations, purchasing, and sales team members regarding packaging schedules, actual outputs relative to scheduled outputs, anticipated schedule changes and delays, and order fulfillment
- Provides vision, leadership, planning, project coordination, and management for the continuous development of an effective Packaging Team
- Oversees a robust training and development program for all team members to ensure performance and continued growth at the highest level
- Establishes and oversees a robust preventive maintenance program for all packaging equipment, to include scheduled maintenance and lubrication in accordance with manufacturer recommendations, weekly cleaning and degreasing, spare parts inventory management, quarterly risk assessment, and downtime monitoring
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting labor requirements, scheduling expenditures, analyzing costs and material variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Establishes and tracks output, efficiency, quality, product and material usage and loss, downtime, and other KPIs and reports
- Schedules, coordinates, and oversees physical counts of all on-hand packaging materials in a timely, organized, well-communicated, and accurate manner
- Accomplishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business, financial, service and operations information and utilizing it to identify opportunities for improvement, as well as development and implementation of best practices
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through continuing education, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices
- Ensures and maintains quality service by upholding the highest level of customer service standards, analyzing, and resolving quality and customer service issues, identifying trends, and recommending system improvements
- Builds positive professional relationships with all team members, vendor partners, and distributors
- Works closely with team members at all levels to address functional challenges and interpersonal conflicts in constructive and positive manner
- Leading and coordinating Continuous Improvement activities/projects and mentoring teams in their continuous improvement efforts
- At least 21 years of age
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with inventory management and manufacturing software
- Knowledge of key inventory performance drivers and metrics, turns, and margin contributions
- Forklift and hand truck certified or willing to become certified
- Demonstrated knowledge packaging equipment and practices
- Demonstrated supervisory skills to organize workload, delegate responsibilities, recruit, interview, select, train, evaluate and perform corrective action for staff
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to complete assignments both accurately and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Strong analytical, decision-making, planning and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with hazardous cleaning chemicals
- Ability to routinely lift 55 lbs regularly and stand for long periods of time
- Availability to work occasional evenings, weekends and/or holidays to meet deadlines and during periods of high-volume work
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). A minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Packaging Management role; or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com