AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing all Packaging and Warehouse day to day operations and ensuring Company quality standards are met. This position is responsible for building a culture of high accountability to ensure that we are putting out the best beer possible. This includes being able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, communicate effectively, build a cross-functional team with a safety and quality first mentality, as well as lead by example, be organized, follow quality control protocols, have a strong mechanical aptitude and be an exceptional problem solver. The Operations Manager will also help identify process improvement opportunities and implement alternate methods to increase efficiencies. The Operations Manager oversees and supervises the Packaging Manger and Warehouse Manager to meet/exceed the company’s key performance indicators (Safety, Quality, and Productivity).
Duties and responsibilities:
- Directors and oversees all Packaging and Warehouse operations.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Brewery Operations, establishes operational KPIs and evaluates and reports performance to upper management.
- Leads, develops, and holds accountable managers and their team members with a focus on safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Drive and support high performance culture employee involvement initiatives and practices. Partner with management team to help build and maintain a productive and engaged relationship with hourly associates.
- Reviews efficiency and consistency of packaging and warehouse operations to determine opportunities for change/improvement.
- Ensure compliance with operational policies and safety standards to ensure the health and wellness of team members as well as ensure a safe and efficient operation of all equipment.
- Improve packaging efficiencies and yields.
- Ensures beer quality is maintained throughout the packaging process while working with the Quality Manager and Head Brewer.
- Develops and maintains SOPs for safety and all packaging and warehouse operations.
- Measures and minimizes downtime on packaging lines via continuous improvement, preventative maintenance, and problem solving.
- Participates in regular packaging, warehouse, and production meetings to coordinate work across departments.
- Work closely with the brewing, quality, and maintenance departments to ensure smooth product and process flow and the timely completion of the production schedule.
- Increase labor efficiency and utilization, including staffing and overtime.
- Meet or exceed standards for environmental, safety, working conditions and cleanliness through daily oversight and direction of management team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Technical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvement teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate vision/mission
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to motivate people
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet skills
- Lean Manufacturing experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, Master’s Degree a plus
- 5 – 7 years of operational management experience in a brewery or beverage industry, preferred
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com