AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers. We operate at the highest level of integrity and display excellence in all we do, from brewing to collaborating with each other and the organizations of our craft, and most of all, to the way we treat our customers.
Under the direction of the Brewery and Cellar Manager, the Cellar Person I will be responsible for following Company safety procedures, policies, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to keep brewery and equipment clean and sanitized, and for bottling and packaging product and keeping warehouse organized. Will also occasionally work in the tasting bar or outside events as needed by serving beer samples and filling kegs and growlers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and operating pumps and related equipment to successfully process beer.
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and purging Bright Beer Tanks, as well as other brewery equipment.
- Accurately records and reports all necessary information on specified logs. (DRA, Gravity/Tank Logs, Kegging Logs, etc.)
- Maintains cleanliness of work area (take out trash, cleaning designated utility area, assigned cellar area, brew preparation, etc.)
- Assists with other packaging tasks (kegging, transferring beers, etc.) when necessary.
- Assists with Brewers Duties when necessary (Brew Preparation, Checking Gravities, Dry Hopping, Tank-to-tank Transferring beers etc.)
- Handles chemicals according to proper safe handling procedures.
- Operates forklift in safe and efficient manner.
- Operate keg washing machine to wash and sanitize kegs.
- Responsible for conditioning and carbonating beer, kegging beer, and cleaning equipment following SOPs.
- Shipping and receiving of supplies and beer to include stacking cases and wrapping pallets for orders, forklift operation, and unloading and loading trucks, storing and removing kegs from ColdBox.
- Responsible for pre-brewing duties such as weighing and milling brewing ingredients and sanitizing brewing and fermentation equipment.
- Assist in the troubleshooting, repair, and preventative maintenance of brewery equipment.
- Assist behind the bar when needed by selling beer samples and merchandise to customers.
- Stay knowledgeable of all beers, merchandise and specials offered.
- Participate in continuing education related to brewery operations, and safety and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in resolving customer issues and ensure customer satisfaction while maintaining the integrity of the Company.
- Represent Company by attending and/or pouring at special events such as industry conferences, beer dinners and beer festivals.
- Be knowledgeable about and follow local water use and disposal practices.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be available to work any shift in a 24hour schedule
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com