AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
Under the general direction of the Brewery and Cellar Manager, Brewer I will be responsible for following Company safety procedures, policies, and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) to produce high quality beer to Company standards. Responsible for helping to keep brewery and equipment clean and sanitized. Will occasionally assist in bottling and packaging product and keeping the warehouse organized. Will also assist in repair of and preventative maintenance of brewery equipment.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assists with brewing operations at the brewery, including day-to-day process issues, recipe management, operating policies, procedures, release parameters, and safety policies.
- Will also occasionally work in the tasting bar or outside events as needed by serving beer samples and filling kegs and growlers.
- Ensure the cleanliness and sterilization of tanks, screens, inflow pipes, production areas, and equipment, using hoses, brushes, scrapers, or chemical solutions.
- Responsible for following comprehensive Standard Operating Procedures with full documentation for brewing and cellar operations including raw material handling, production, fermentation, yeast handling, liquid transfer, fining, colloidal stabilization, separation, carbonation, keg cleaning/filling, and coding.
- Maintain detailed records of raw materials, quality checks and production stage timings.
- Maintain accurate brewing records.
- Participate in continuing education related to brewing, brewery operations, and safety and regulatory requirements.
- Cellar duties to include general separation, preparing raw material for casks, cleaning and sanitizing equipment, and filling and emptying kegs.
- Report functionality and maintenance of brewing equipment, CIP equipment, water delivery equipment, and sewer related systems to management.
- Represent Company by attending and/or pouring at special events such as industry conferences, beer dinners and beer festivals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be available to work any shift in a 24hour schedule.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Brewing education or science related Bachelor’s degree preferred. A minimum of two years related experience working in warehouse, production line, or food and beverage role. Prior forklift experience strongly preferred. Brewing experience strongly preferred.
- Forklift Certification Preferred
- A.B.C Training/Certification Preferred
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.