Below events all take place at the AleSmith Tasting Room located at 9990 AleSmith Court in San Diego, CA!
We’re excited to kick off San Diego Beer Week with the release of a highly-anticipated Stone Brewing collaboration beer! Gregarious Nature IPA will be our salute to the classic San Diego-style IPA, a hoppy favorite that helped put both of our breweries on the map. The name is a nod to the great relationship between our owner, Peter Zien, and Stone’s co-owner, Greg Koch…get it, greg-arious? While the beer will be available in 12 oz. six-packs beginning at 11am, please join us for a San Diego Beer Week kick-off CHEERS with some members of the Stone Brewing team at 7:30pm in the Tasting Room!
Note:Order of the Anvil members may purchase cans of Gregarious Nature beginning on Thursday, November 1st!
Join the AleSmith brew team on our patio from 9am to 12:30pm to witness how to create a beer on a 15-gallon homebrew system. Everyone in attendance will receive a raffle ticket for books and gift cards from The Homebrewer: Resources & Supply. The tasting room will be ready to pour at 10am!
- 2015 Velvet Speedway Stout
- 2016 Velvet Echo Speedway Stout
- 2017 Velvet Speedway Stout
- 2014 Barrel-Aged Vietnamese Speedway Stout
- Gin Barrel-Aged Horny Devil
- BASS to the Future (2016 Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout, 2017 Rye Barrel-Aged Vietnamese Speedway Stout, 2018 Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout)
- Bourbon Barrel-Aged Jamaica Blue Mountain Speedway Stout (13% ABV): (Bourbon Barrel-aged Russian Imperial Stout with Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee
Lotza Vanilla Speedway Stout (13% ABV): Bourbon and Vanilla Extract Barrel-aged Russian Imperial Stout with Coffee and Vanilla Beans
Big Bender Speedway Stout (13% ABV): Tennessee Whiskey Barrel-aged Russian Imperial Stout with Cognac Barrel-aged Coffee, cardamom, and orange peel
Fruitgeist (8% ABV): American Wild Ale with Passion Fruit
We’ll be opening up the cellar and releasing some of our most sought-after vintage bottles. This is a rare opportunity to take home some very rare AleSmith beers! Sale lasts from 11am until we sell out. (Bottles limits apply based on availability)
Available bottles include:
- 2014 Olde Ale
- 2014 Barrel-Aged Decadence
- 2015 Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout
- 2015 Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy
- 2016 Barrel-Aged Olde Ale
- 2016 Port Barrel-Aged Wee Heavy
- 2016 Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout
- 2016 Barrel-Aged Vietnamese Speedway Stout
- 2016 Noble Empire
- 2016 Mokasida Speedway Stout
- 2016 Barrel-Aged Old Numbskull
- Reforged XX
- Reforged XXI
- 2017 Boxcar Speedway Stout
- 2017 Nibs & Beans Speedway Stout
- 2017 Rye Barrel-Aged Vietnamese Speedway Stout
- 2017 Thai Speedway Stout
- 2017 Barrel-Aged Private Stock Ale
- 2017 Double Barrel Speedway Stout
- 2018 Mexican Speedway Stout
- 2018 Barrel-Aged Quad
- 2018 Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout
Single-Barrel Beer Education: Barrel-Aged Old Numbskull
Sunday, November 4th @ 2:00pm
Learn about the process of barrel-aging beer, while enjoying cellared versions of our award-winning Old Numbskull Barleywine Ale. Certified Cicerone® Chris Leguizamon will discuss the nuanced flavor profiles of each barrel-aged variant, as well as how to blend them into your own creation! Class begins at 2:00pm and includes five barrel-aged tasters for $27 per person plus tax. PURCHASE TICKETS!
It’s San Diego Beer Week and master brewer and AleSmith owner, Peter Zien himself invites you on this brewery tour and tasting extravaganza, featuring a sneak peek at a few new cheeses from his new CheeseSmith urban cheesemaking project!
Join us at 6pm to learn why things that grow together totally go together when we pair a lineup of AleSmith brews with favorite Venissimo cheeses curated by master monger RobbyG.
Wednesday, November 7th – Friday, November 9th
It’s time for AleSmith’s 6th Annual 3-Day Speedway Grand Prix event during San Diego Beer Week! The event will feature over twelve different specialty Speedway Stout variants broken into three flights (aka Laps) AND a VIP Lap featuring Barrel-Aged versions.
Speedway Stout has been a favorite in AleSmith’s year-round lineup since 1999. Its flavor is dominated by chocolate and roasted malts, which are complemented by a healthy dose of coffee added to each batch. While we love this stout just the way it is, its well-balanced profile and smooth drinkability make it the ideal candidate for the AleSmith team to use to flex their creative muscles. So, once a year we decide to push the limits and create exclusive one-off variations of Speedway Stout that are sure to impress.
The Speedway Grand Prix will take place here at AleSmith Brewing Company Wednesday (11/7/2018), Thursday (11/8/2018), and Friday (11/9/2018) during San Diego Beer Week. Celebrate craft beer properly during San Diego Beer Week and drink some “laps” with us!
Lap 1 – $11.00 (includes tax & gratuity)
-Root Beer Speedway
-Caramel Macchiato Speedway
Lap 2 – $11.00 (includes tax & gratuity)
**Lap 2 Contains Nuts**
-Peanut Butter Banana Speedway (contains peanuts)
-German Chocolate Speedway (contains coconut & pecans)
–Baklava Speedway (contains pistachio)
–Salted Nutroll Speedway (contains peanuts)
Lap 3 – $11.00 (includes tax & gratuity)
-Chili Mango Speedway
-Ginger Nibs Speedway
–Brownie Batter Speedway
–Apple Cinnamon Speedway
VIP Lap – $17.00 (includes tax & gratuity)
-Toasted Coconut Vanilla Barrel-Aged Vietnamese Speedway
-WaffleSmith Barrel-Aged Speedway
-“The Todfather Part II” Barrel-Aged Speedway
-Chocolate Chip Cookie Barrel-Aged Vietnamese Speedway
You just barely made it through San Diego Beer Week, so it’s time to relax and recuperate with a special brunch menu from Biersal food truck. Your furry friend probably missed you being out all night, so bring him/her along!
- Sap Ness Monster Speedway Stout
- The Magic Bullet (Blend of Tequila Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout 2018, Scotch Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout, Salt Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout and Swell Coffee)
- BarrelNormal Activity (Blend of Barrel-Aged Old Numbskull 2016, Barrel-Aged Private Stock Ale 2017, Cinnamon Vanilla Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout 2018, Mexican Speedway Stout 2018, and Barrel-Aged Speedway Stout 2018)
New Year’s Eve Hop Drop
Monday, December 31st
Ring in 2019 with great beer and good friends at our second annual Hop Drop. Details coming soon!