In order to continuously improve upon the club, the 2020 Order of the Anvil was designed based on feedback from our current members. Read on for the list of uniquely delicious barrel-aged beers and member benefits next year’s members can look forward to!
2020 Membership Includes:
Ten (10) 750mL member-exclusive barrel-aged bottles (listed in projected order of release)*
- (1) Hawaiian Retreat Speedway Stout – Imperial Stout Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels with Coconut, Vanilla Beans, and Coffee
- (2) Roll The Dais Speedway Stout – Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels with Raspberries, Cacao Nibs, Vanilla Beans, and Espresso
- (1) Oats-Tay – Oatwine Aged in Dickel 16 Year Old Bourbon Barrels with Buckwheat Honey
- (1) Minister of the State Speedway Stout – Blended Imperial Stout Aged in Premier Bourbon Barrels with Coffee
- (1) Lost Prophet: Cocomon Edition – Imperial Stout Aged in Maple Syrup Barrels with Coconut and Cinnamon
- (1) Wild Anvil: Apricot, Vanilla, & Lemon Zest – Wild Ale Aged in American Oak Barrels with Apricots, Vanilla Beans, and Lemon Zest
- (2) Heavy Forge: Vanilla Noice – Imperial Stout Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels with Vanilla Beans
- (1) Noble Empire: Choco Raisin ‘Nut Edition – Porter Aged in Maple Syrup Barrels with Cacao Nibs, Raisins, and Walnuts
* Since all beers are barrel-aged, we cannot commit to a specific release schedule, and reserve the right to make edits to the list provided above.
- Set of two custom “Order of the Anvil” 6.5 oz Rastal Teku taster glasses
Additional Membership Benefits:
- Additional Order of the Anvil bottles for purchase when available
- Opportunity to purchase member-exclusive “PREMIUM RESERVE” bottles throughout the year*
- Islander Joy – Imperial Stout Aged in Bourbon Barrels with Double Coconut, Double Vanilla Beans, and Vietnamese Coffee
- Guardian of the State – Blended Imperial Stout Aged in Premier Brandy Barrels with Vanilla Beans and Espresso
- Heavy Forge: Hipster’s Wrath – Imperial Stout Aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels with Double Coconut and Double Vanilla Beans
- Priority access to most public bottle sales (see full details in section below)
- Access to member-only events
- Exclusive growler fills available for purchase throughout the year
- Option to purchase other member-exclusive merchandise
- 90-day pickup window for both member-exclusive and public release bottles
- Option to cellar bottles through the end of 2020 for a small fee
- Use of designated trustee to pick up bottles on your behalf
Membership Fee: $376.00 + Tax
* Projected bottle lineup is subject to change.
PLEASE NOTE: Order of the Anvil members may pick up their bottles in person at our Tasting Room Gift Shop in San Diego. Shipping to CA and NV is also available at an additional cost. Members receiving shipments within CA and NV must be at least 21 years of age and must be available to sign for their deliveries and verify their age. If you can’t make it in person to pick up, please designate a trustee/proxy who is of legal age to pickup or receive the bottles on your behalf. We will check IDs for both trustee/proxy and member at time of pick-up. Bottles not picked up or shipped within 90 days of the first available procurement date will be cellared, and pick up will incur a small fee.
DETAILS OF MEMBERSHIP
Our cellar team has developed a diverse list of unique beers for 2020 members. Since all beers are barrel-aged, we cannot commit to a specific release schedule, and reserve the right to make edits to the list provided above. Membership bottles may be released at any point during the membership year of 2020.
For some of our membership-only releases, our cellar may produce more bottles than what is automatically allocated to the members as part of the program. These bottles will be available to the members for purchase on a first-come, first-serve basis as a “Wish List” bottle. In the event that all bottles are not sold after wishes are granted, we may reopen the sale to members for a short period, but also reserve the right to offer these beers to the public for onsite consumption within the brewery. In addition, we reserve the right to offer these specialty beers on draft to the public for a short window of time and/or during special events. At the end of the membership year, there will be a final opportunity for members to purchase any remaining membership bottles. Any bottles still in our inventory after that sale will be made available to the general public. Our every intention is to keep these beers and bottles exclusive to members as much as possible.
Priority Access to Most Public Bottle Sales:
In addition to the membership exclusive bottles we will be producing in 2020, we will continue our tradition of offering to the public our unique, world-class quarterly beer releases. As a member, you will have priority access to many of these releases. However, there may be instances where we produce a beer specifically for a special event, group, or entity (eg. – San Diego Beer Week, collaborations with third parties, CheeseSmith, etc). Depending on availability of these special releases, Order of the Anvil members may not be given priority access prior to the public release. Once again, our every intention is to have members of this program receive premium access to all of our main public bottle releases.
We will reserve the right to allocate a designated number of bottles for these releases to ensure the public continues to have access to these specialty offerings.
Throughout the year, we will host events exclusively for members of Order of the Anvil, including a Welcome Party when members may pick up their first bottle(s) and merchandise. Some events may include an additional cost for those who choose to attend.
Membership exclusive merchandise will NOT be available for pickup immediately upon registration. To ensure the merchandise remains exclusive to members, we will be ordering only to meet demand. Shortly after the registration period, we will be requesting your preferred merchandise option (bottle bag OR growler) after which we will invite members to either pick up their item at the brewery, or choose to have it shipped for a small additional cost.
We will continue to offer additional member exclusive merchandise throughout the duration of the membership year. These items will be available for purchase and are not included in the initial registration fee.
Member-Exclusive Bottles/Merchandise Pickup:
Following release of any of our member-exclusive beers, members will have two options to pick up their bottles and/or merchandise: 1) Members are able to pick up items in the tasting room during normal business hours; 2) Members may designate a trustee (aka. proxy) to pick up their bottles and/or merchandise for them. The use of (or a change of) a trustee requires at least 24 hours notice and a copy of identification for that designated person. Any benefits offered to members of Order of the Anvil do not apply to trustees.
The brewery will hold all membership bottles and merchandise for 90 days. In addition, we will hold all member purchases of public release bottles for a 90 day period. Bottles not picked up or shipped within 90 days of the first available procurement date will be forfeited.
Bottle Cellaring Option
We are happy to store your bottles here at the brewery past your 90-day pick up window! The cellaring fee is $10 per month for up to 4 bottles. You will be charged upon pick up of the bottles. Please see below for some examples of how the fees will incur.
- (2) bottles for one month = $10
- (6) bottles for two months = $40
- (10) bottles for one month = $30
First Right to Renew Membership for Following Year:
Order of the Anvil members will have the first right to renew for the 2021 membership program. The number of members accepted for the 2020 calendar year will be determined solely based on our production volumes and ability to continue to provide all members with exclusive bottles and experiences. We reserve the right to cancel the membership at the end of any membership year.
Termination of Membership:
The membership program runs from January 1st, 2020 through December 31st, 2020. It is non-refundable and members do not have the option to opt out during the course of the membership year. While we hope never to do so, AleSmith reserves the right to cancel a membership at any time.
An individual is allowed one membership. If a member is found to have multiple memberships, we reserve the right to cancel all duplicate memberships purchased by the member. All beer purchased and/or obtained through your “Order of the Anvil” membership is for your own consumption. Please always feel free to enjoy the beers and share them with friends. We reserve the right to cancel any membership.
For questions, please contact OrderOfTheAnvil@alesmith.com.